UK
1 2 12
1 25 46

Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

-: - , The Mirror, The Guardian...

2014. . , , . , :

Open letter to all British cowards who live with a fear of Bulgarian and Romanian Immigrants

Dear Fish & Chips Eaters,

It seems that some British politicians and anti-immigration groups started to develop a hysteria towards the expected invasion of Britain of Bulgarian and Romanian immigrants, so I feel obliged to explain to you why most educated and intelligent people in these two countries do not consider such an unreasonable move, immigration to Britain.

Let me tell you a few words about myself. I am 33, a dual Bulgarian and Canadian citizen, I have a PhD in history from the University of Ottawa and my books and articles on immigration and ethnic nationalism are quoted and studied at Canadian universities. I know a great number of Romanian and Bulgarian citizens who are much more qualified than me and I want to express here not only my personal position but the opinion of many of my friends, colleagues and acquaintances.

After I graduated my doctorate in 2010, I decided that I didn't want to live in Canada, not only because it is too cold there but because it is too Anglo-Saxon for me. I wanted to move to the European Union. The countries which I seriously considered were: Austria, Spain, France, Italy and Germany, in that particular order. I ended up in Spain. The salaries in Bulgaria were too low, whereas moving to Britain didn't even cross my mind. As I mentioned, I am not the only one on this opinion. You can see the stats. Most Bulgarian and Romanian immigrants and students prefer Spain, Italy and Germany but definitely not Britain. And why is that, you might wonder. There are numerous reasons but I will try to summarize for you some of the main ones. I want to share with you 12 good reasons that keep me far and far away from your precious foggy coasts.

1. The food

A pile of overpriced greasy fish and chips represents the pride of British cuisine. You gotta be kidding, right?! It is simply disgusting! The same goes for most of all other favorite British treats. Bland and tasteless! In order to compensate the lack of British food, you adopted the Indian cuisine. You have numerous kinds of curry. The only problem with that is that I am allergic to curry and I vomit just by smelling it.

2. Abysmal climate

Rain and fog for most of the time?! No, but thank you!

3. Chavs and football hooligans

English football is pathetic on international level and your fans compensate the lack of action in the pitch with some action in the streets. The best moment for me on every world and European cup is when I see how they eliminate England. Thank God, this usually happens quite early in the competition and then I can just watch some real football. You have so many football hooligans that you also generously export them. Michael Shields is a good example. He came over to Bulgaria to enjoy some good food and cheap alcohol and as a form of gratitude to his hosts he decided to break the head of a local barman with a bottle. A good follower of an old English tradition, I guess.

4. Farcical judicial system

You actually let a football hooligan such as Michael Shields to get away with his crime!!! As soon as he set his foot on British soil, he was released as an innocent man. Well, breaking the heads of Bulgarians is not a crime in the UK, I suppose. I dont even want to start to talk about the case of Julian Assange. Another fantastic example of British democracy, freedom and justice?!

5. Alcoholism

Just to reinstate that once again. God, I have never seen so many nasty, arrogant and drunk people! Any time I go to Mallorca, Bulgaria or any other place known for the presence of British tourists, I explicitly ask and make sure to be placed in a hotel with predominantly German, French, Italian, or Spanish tourists, but I definitely want a British-free zone.

6. Health and safety regulations

The Brits have such interesting health and safety regulations that they let people die instead of being rescued because it is too dangerous for the firefighters to rescue them. It is so bad that you need one of the few naïve Bulgarian immigrants who decided to go to England to rescue a 4-year-old British child, paying with his life. Plamen Petkov, 32, was described by the British media as: The Bulgarian immigrant who died a British heros death.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...h-7805073.html

No! I am sorry! He was not a British hero! He was a Bulgarian hero, who made the mistake to move to Britain and paid for this mistake with his life.

7. Britain is not healthy for East European dissidents either

Petkov is not the only victim of his naiveté to move to the bland island. The famous Bulgarian dissident George Markov was killed in 1978 in London by a communist spy while the British secret services were sleeping. And what happened to the Russian ex-spy Litvinenko just a few years ago?!

8. British ignorance and shocking literacy levels

I have always been amazed during my contacts with various Brits how ignorant and illiterate most of them are. Do you think that it is normal to explain to an English teacher in Granada, Spain, who has a British masters degree who Jeffrey Chaucer was, when he lived and what he wrote?! Dont you find it a little odd that her colleagues expressed a great surprise that accommodation is spelled with double C and double M and millennium not only with double L but also with double N?! Isnt it ridiculous that a supposedly well educated Scottish girl with a B.A. in literature from the U. of Edinburgh claimed that the word seismologist does not exist in the English language, simply because she did not know the meaning of the word?! Do I want to meet such people on a daily basis?! Of course not!

9. British emigration

Canada, Australia, Spain, France, Bulgaria, Romania and many other countries are facing year after year new British settlers. If the UK is such a good place to live, they wouldnt move. Many of them even share that they hate the UK with a passion. Well, if the locals are leaving the country, I dont think it is a good idea to try to get in there. It just doesnt make sense.

10. Ridiculous prices of almost everyting.

Accommodation, cars, clothes, CDs, hotels almost everything is ridiculously expensive in Britain for no justifiable reason because the quality is worse than the rest of Europe. I visited Britain in 2008 as a tourist and I dont plan to repeat this mistake. It is a waste of time and money. It is worth to visit the British museum and a few other attractions and then, if you want to see really impressive cities, beautiful palaces and castles, great beaches and breathtaking mountains and views, you simply need to visit France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece but not Britain.

11. Political turmoil

Britain used to have an enormous empire but now it is sad to even look at it on the map. Once known as Great Britain now it seems more like Micro Britain, not only because you can barely see it on the world map but because for a long time the British government has just been the lapdog of the USA. On top of that, the separatist moods in various parts of the kingdom become stronger and soon you have to call it not the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland but rather, the Disjointed Kingdom of Micro Britain, which used to include Scotland and Northern Ireland once. This is pretty bad for the proud snobbish lovers of united Britain. As far as I am concerned, I will be very glad to see independent Scotland and united Ireland.

Thus, in conclusion, I have to disappoint you that most intelligent Bulgarian and Romanians wont rush into your bland, sad, isolationist island even after January 1, 2014 but on the other hand, you might be able to attract some Bulgarian and Romanian gypsies who consider drunken British hooligans to be very easy pickpocket targets. Many of these gypsies do not follow the British or any other media and an anti-British immigration campaign wont reach them. Well, this is life, I guess. Keep it positive, drink more tea and enjoy the weather!

Chris Kostov, Ph.D.

Plamen Petkov: The Bulgarian immigrant who died a British hero's death
    www.independent.co.uk
    The family of a man who died saving the life of a five-year-old girl who had been swept out to sea have described their immense pride and said they welcomed calls for him to be given a posthumous honour for bravery.

, , '''' :

O , :

, - , .

. 33 , , . , - , , .

2010 . , , , . . , : , , , , . . , . , . . , . , ?! , . 12 , , .

, . ?! ! . ! , . . , .

?! , !

. - . , . , . . , . , .

, !!! , . , . . , ?!

5. A
    . , , ! , , , , , , , .

, , . , , , 4- , . , 32, , .

! ! ! , .

. 1978 . , . , - ?!

, , . , , , , , ?! , , accommodation ( ) C M, millennium (), L, N?! , , seismologist () , ?! ?! , !

, , , , , . , . , . , , , . .

, , , CDs, , - . 2008 . . . , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ... .

, . , - , , , . , - , . . , .
    , , , , 1 , 2014 ., , . - . , . , !

Chris Kostov
    maluk_sechko : 05-02-2013 14:33

2. Stanley9, MyleneFarmer, hadjiata, irnik, MG04 thanked for this post
      padina.pavonia
    Jun 2012
    London
    Post Thanks / Like

: -: - , The Mirror, The Guardian...

, , , . , () .

GalyaR

PR . ...

zmei4o_pk
    May 2007
    1 593
    Post Thanks / Like

magazin.
    , , ?
    , a.
    , ... !

Doondie
    Sep 2008
    3 999
    Post Thanks / Like

, , . - ?!

, ...

.. , .
    | | | | , |
    | | | , |
    'The best way to predict the future is to invent it!'
    - ?

'Georg Fabricius said, "Death comes to us all! But great achievements? They build a monument which shall endure until the sun grows cold."'
    |

Born to be alive   Constantine
    Apr 2008
    Room at the top
    Post Thanks / Like

zmei4o_pk
    magazin.
    , , ?
    , a.
    ? , . ... , - , ...

, , , ... PR. , - , , -, .. , , 6.30 ..
    The Dark Side clouds everything.Impossible to see the future is.

8. Stanley9, irnik, maluk_sechko thanked for this post
    blessed   the light
    Apr 2007
    Post Thanks / Like

. ?! ? , ! , ( ) , . , "" . , .... .... , .... ...

10. Stanley9, irnik, maluk_sechko thanked for this post

Aug 2006
    LOUD AND PROUD FROM LONDON TOWN
    4 725
    Post Thanks / Like

, ; ;

, ; "" ;

12. diamonde thanked for this post
    platini i kanaritenapred
    Dec 2008
    2 774
    Post Thanks / Like

super

title removed   CanBoy
    Nov 2010
    6 193
    Post Thanks / Like

maluk_sechko
    2014. . , , . , :

Open letter to all British cowards who live with a fear of Bulgarian and Romanian Immigrants

Dear Fish & Chips Eaters,

It seems that some British politicians and anti-immigration groups started to develop a hysteria towards the expected invasion of Britain of Bulgarian and Romanian immigrants, so I feel obliged to explain to you why most educated and intelligent people in these two countries do not consider such an unreasonable move, immigration to Britain.

Let me tell you a few words about myself. I am 33, a dual Bulgarian and Canadian citizen, I have a PhD in history from the University of Ottawa and my books and articles on immigration and ethnic nationalism are quoted and studied at Canadian universities. I know a great number of Romanian and Bulgarian citizens who are much more qualified than me and I want to express here not only my personal position but the opinion of many of my friends, colleagues and acquaintances.

After I graduated my doctorate in 2010, I decided that I didn't want to live in Canada, not only because it is too cold there but because it is too Anglo-Saxon for me. I wanted to move to the European Union. The countries which I seriously considered were: Austria, Spain, France, Italy and Germany, in that particular order. I ended up in Spain. The salaries in Bulgaria were too low, whereas moving to Britain didn't even cross my mind. As I mentioned, I am not the only one on this opinion. You can see the stats. Most Bulgarian and Romanian immigrants and students prefer Spain, Italy and Germany but definitely not Britain. And why is that, you might wonder. There are numerous reasons but I will try to summarize for you some of the main ones. I want to share with you 12 good reasons that keep me far and far away from your precious foggy coasts.

1. The food

A pile of overpriced greasy fish and chips represents the pride of British cuisine. You gotta be kidding, right?! It is simply disgusting! The same goes for most of all other favorite British treats. Bland and tasteless! In order to compensate the lack of British food, you adopted the Indian cuisine. You have numerous kinds of curry. The only problem with that is that I am allergic to curry and I vomit just by smelling it.

2. Abysmal climate

Rain and fog for most of the time?! No, but thank you!

3. Chavs and football hooligans

English football is pathetic on international level and your fans compensate the lack of action in the pitch with some action in the streets. The best moment for me on every world and European cup is when I see how they eliminate England. Thank God, this usually happens quite early in the competition and then I can just watch some real football. You have so many football hooligans that you also generously export them. Michael Shields is a good example. He came over to Bulgaria to enjoy some good food and cheap alcohol and as a form of gratitude to his hosts he decided to break the head of a local barman with a bottle. A good follower of an old English tradition, I guess.

4. Farcical judicial system

You actually let a football hooligan such as Michael Shields to get away with his crime!!! As soon as he set his foot on British soil, he was released as an innocent man. Well, breaking the heads of Bulgarians is not a crime in the UK, I suppose. I dont even want to start to talk about the case of Julian Assange. Another fantastic example of British democracy, freedom and justice?!

5. Alcoholism

Just to reinstate that once again. God, I have never seen so many nasty, arrogant and drunk people! Any time I go to Mallorca, Bulgaria or any other place known for the presence of British tourists, I explicitly ask and make sure to be placed in a hotel with predominantly German, French, Italian, or Spanish tourists, but I definitely want a British-free zone.

6. Health and safety regulations

The Brits have such interesting health and safety regulations that they let people die instead of being rescued because it is too dangerous for the firefighters to rescue them. It is so bad that you need one of the few naïve Bulgarian immigrants who decided to go to England to rescue a 4-year-old British child, paying with his life. Plamen Petkov, 32, was described by the British media as: The Bulgarian immigrant who died a British heros death.

Plamen Petkov: The Bulgarian immigrant who died a British hero's death - Home News - UK - The Independent

No! I am sorry! He was not a British hero! He was a Bulgarian hero, who made the mistake to move to Britain and paid for this mistake with his life.

7. Britain is not healthy for East European dissidents either

Petkov is not the only victim of his naiveté to move to the bland island. The famous Bulgarian dissident George Markov was killed in 1978 in London by a communist spy while the British secret services were sleeping. And what happened to the Russian ex-spy Litvinenko just a few years ago?!

8. British ignorance and shocking literacy levels

I have always been amazed during my contacts with various Brits how ignorant and illiterate most of them are. Do you think that it is normal to explain to an English teacher in Granada, Spain, who has a British masters degree who Jeffrey Chaucer was, when he lived and what he wrote?! Dont you find it a little odd that her colleagues expressed a great surprise that accommodation is spelled with double C and double M and millennium not only with double L but also with double N?! Isnt it ridiculous that a supposedly well educated Scottish girl with a B.A. in literature from the U. of Edinburgh claimed that the word seismologist does not exist in the English language, simply because she did not know the meaning of the word?! Do I want to meet such people on a daily basis?! Of course not!

9. British emigration

Canada, Australia, Spain, France, Bulgaria, Romania and many other countries are facing year after year new British settlers. If the UK is such a good place to live, they wouldnt move. Many of them even share that they hate the UK with a passion. Well, if the locals are leaving the country, I dont think it is a good idea to try to get in there. It just doesnt make sense.

10. Ridiculous prices of almost everyting.

Accommodation, cars, clothes, CDs, hotels almost everything is ridiculously expensive in Britain for no justifiable reason because the quality is worse than the rest of Europe. I visited Britain in 2008 as a tourist and I dont plan to repeat this mistake. It is a waste of time and money. It is worth to visit the British museum and a few other attractions and then, if you want to see really impressive cities, beautiful palaces and castles, great beaches and breathtaking mountains and views, you simply need to visit France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece but not Britain.

11. Political turmoil

Britain used to have an enormous empire but now it is sad to even look at it on the map. Once known as Great Britain now it seems more like Micro Britain, not only because you can barely see it on the world map but because for a long time the British government has just been the lapdog of the USA. On top of that, the separatist moods in various parts of the kingdom become stronger and soon you have to call it not the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland but rather, the Disjointed Kingdom of Micro Britain, which used to include Scotland and Northern Ireland once. This is pretty bad for the proud snobbish lovers of united Britain. As far as I am concerned, I will be very glad to see independent Scotland and united Ireland.

Thus, in conclusion, I have to disappoint you that most intelligent Bulgarian and Romanians wont rush into your bland, sad, isolationist island even after January 1, 2014 but on the other hand, you might be able to attract some Bulgarian and Romanian gypsies who consider drunken British hooligans to be very easy pickpocket targets. Many of these gypsies do not follow the British or any other media and an anti-British immigration campaign wont reach them. Well, this is life, I guess. Keep it positive, drink more tea and enjoy the weather!

Chris Kostov, Ph.D.

Plamen Petkov: The Bulgarian immigrant who died a British hero's death
    The Independent | News
    The family of a man who died saving the life of a five-year-old girl who had been swept out to sea have described their immense pride and said they welcomed calls for him to be given a posthumous honour for bravery.

Plamen Petkov: The Bulgarian immigrant who died a British hero's death - Home News - UK - The Independent

, , '''' :

O , :

, - , .

. 33 , , . , - , , .

2010 . , , , . . , : , , , , . . , . , . . , . , ?! , . 12 , , .

, . ?! ! . ! , . . , .

?! , !

. - . , . , . . , . , .

, !!! , . , . . , ?!

5. A
    . , , ! , , , , , , , .

, , . , , , 4- , . , 32, , .

! ! ! , .

. 1978 . , . , - ?!

, , . , , , , , ?! , , accommodation ( ) C M, millennium (), L, N?! , , seismologist () , ?! ?! , !

, , , , , . , . , . , , , . .

, , , CDs, , - . 2008 . . . , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ... .

, . , - , , , . , - , . . , .
    , , , , 1 , 2014 ., , . - . , . , !

Chris Kostov

<<, ,, . , , bgcanada.com Canuck .
    , . , .
    , . .
    . ..
    tel.0696969-Holy Armenian Church.

padina.pavonia
    Jun 2012
    London
    Post Thanks / Like

title removed   CanBoy
    Nov 2010
    6 193
    Post Thanks / Like

GalyaR
    PR . ...
    bgcanada.com 7-8 , . , ,

17. Stanley9, thanked for this post
    title removed   CanBoy
    Nov 2010
    6 193
    Post Thanks / Like

19. Stanley9 thanked for this post

Aug 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

! , ! UK? o , UK. ? / / , UK.-, ,- ! - !

rosbg
    May 2007
    Kent
    2 617
    Post Thanks / Like

, ......
    , ........
    Don't dream your life, live your dreams.

- -, - ... !

, ....

22. , diamonde thanked for this post
    dobra i losha   ilianaL
    Aug 2007
    Post Thanks / Like

., , , - " , ...

"": - -
    ilianaL : 05-02-2013 19:59

24. padina.pavonia thanked for this post
    title removed   CanBoy
    Nov 2010
    6 193
    Post Thanks / Like

rosbg
    , ......
    , ........
    , . . , . .
    . , 10 .
    , .

26. rosbg, Stanley9 thanked for this post

Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Sep 2009
    London
    Post Thanks / Like

" . .."
    "
    :-) / , / , , / . / :-)))))
    " ! - "

29. maluk_sechko, Stanley9 thanked for this post

Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

juld
    " . .."
    "
    :-) / , / , , / . / :-)))))
    !!!

Mr. Herbalist   steve
    Mar 2007
    only in your mind
    7 706
    Post Thanks / Like

.... .... o ...... ..... ... ... .... .... ... ... ... ..

32. maluk_sechko thanked for this post
    title removed   CanBoy
    Nov 2010
    6 193
    Post Thanks / Like

Canuck
    [ ]
    : 22, 2005 10:19 pm

: 107
    : 5990

Bate, ako v nyakolko strani imash vazmojnost za dobri dohodi, vsichko opira do lichnite predpochitaniya na chovek. Mislya, che govorihme za tova. Az lichno, primerno predpochitam da jiveya v Canada s 3-4 000 Euro, otkolkoto v Ispaniya ili Bulgaria za sashtie pari. A, v Bulgaria ne bih otishal da jiv...

BgCanada

bubi83
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

zmei4o_pk
    magazin.
    , , ?
    , a.
    , ?
    ?